How to prepare your e-bundle
Follow these steps and you can your single PDF of your bundle will meet the requirements of HM Courts & Tribunals Service.
- You may already have an index for your bundle but if not, we will split your bundle into sections: pleadings, correspondence, evidence.
- We will re-name your index in the PDF bundle to follow your index and will always complete a date column where possible. You can be assured that your bundle index is hyperlinked and properly paginated for the Courts and opponents to easily navigate the file.
- We work with what is best for you for transferring your files. You may prefer to simply email us your documents or, if there is a particularly large amount, a large file transfer facility can be used.
- If you have documents already in a digital format other than PDF, say Word, Outlook emails, images, please send them to us. We can convert any format to PDF in the bundling process.
- If you have multiple documents contained in a single PDF please let us know if any pages are to be removed or the PDF split.
- Adding and removing documents to your bundle is made with minimum fuss. Simply contact us or email your latest instructions.
We can prepare your e-bundle for you and the cost is from as little as £77.
Cost-effective electronic bundling services
Our e-Bundling-As-A-Service is for lawyers and solicitors who urgently need to submit an HMCTS compliant PDF bundle of documents. Submitting a bundle of documents is usually last minute in case a trial is adjourned or the matter settled. So it stands to reason that some people would rather not invest time and money in case those costs are wasted.
That said, some spending is necessary to get the job done, but learning new technology may hinder and slow down the process.
Here’s the thing: electronic bundling is easy, it’s fast and it can also save you tons of time and money when compared to the traditional paper version.
Our bundling partner, Zylpha, have given us some key requirements that courts and tribunals need.
- The documents in the bundle must be the subject of OCR (optical character recognition). That means the bundle can be searched by typing in a key word or phrase.
- All documents should appear in portrait mode. If the original is in landscape then it should be inserted so that it can be read with a 90 degree rotation clockwise and no document should be inserted upside down.
- The default view for all pages should be 100%.
- All items should be bookmarked to be easily navigable in the index.
- All pages should be numbered, including the index.
This list is not exhaustive but we’ve pointed out these top requirements for a simple reason. To create a bundle without any software assistance is difficult and time consuming, especially if your bundle needs to be updated and edited at a later date.
The demonstration video below shows how easy the application is to use. However, sometimes time is scarce and urgency is great, so installing and learning technology may be difficult in those circumstances. That’s where we can help you.